Brandon Vera retires from MMA after loss at ONE 164

MANILA, Philippines---Brandon Vera on Saturday announced his retirement after a 20-year career in mixed martial arts. Vera called it a career after losing to Amir Aliakbar by TKO in the first round of their heavyweight clash in ONE 164 at Mall of Asia Arena. "Pasensya na. Kababayan, ang tagal ko nang ginagawa 'to mga 20 plus years na (I'm sorry. To my fellow Filipinos, I've been doing this for a long time. It's been 20 plus years)," said Vera, addressing the Filipino crowd. "Eto ngayon (and now) you just witness The Truth's very last fight in MMA. I wish I could've come out with a win," added Vera, who also said he broke his hand during the fight. The 45-year-old Vera onc...

Keep on reading: Brandon Vera retires from MMA after loss at ONE 164

from INQUIRER.net https://ift.tt/pTLiZv3

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post