Arroyo breaks silence: My actions were misconstrued, I was accused of staging House coup

    MANILA, Philippines --- Former president and incumbent Pampanga 2nd District Rep. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo broke her silence on her replacement as a senior deputy speaker, saying that her actions may have been misconstrued leading to claims that she was staging a coup. Arroyo, in a statement, refuted the allegation, saying that it is no longer her goal to be elected as speaker of the House of Representatives. "When I learned that there were reports that I was suspected of plotting a 'coup' against Speaker Romualdez, I decided I must speak out to clarify my political position. Indeed, some of my actions may have been misconstrued, such as my recent trip ...

Keep on reading: Arroyo breaks silence: My actions were misconstrued, I was accused of staging House coup

from INQUIRER.net https://ift.tt/ri6h03G

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post